Reading Learning Story.


For reading we have been reading different stories. Most of our stories that we have been reading were based on myths and legends from different cultures.


In reading me and my group have been reading this story called “Tarakura of the Rangitaiki Plains” by Bernadine Ngaheu. It was about a great Chief and great Warrior, his name was Iratumoana. There was also another character & this character was not a human, he was Tarakura, the monstrous taniwha who plagued the people of Ngati Awa.


This book was interesting because there was a sentence that hooked me in
Here is the sentence I was talking about: “This conflict between chief and taniwha would determine the future of the Ngati Awa people”. It hooked me in because.. it has interesting words- for example: Conflict & Determine. It also hooked me in because when I read it the author made me feels like I am part of the story.


The author also makes us visualise an image in our heads by using- (Powerful adjectives to make us visualise E.g monstrous warlike what characters are like to add detail.


I found out that Iratumoana was furious at Tarakura because Tarakura has been entering villages at night & has been stealing off his prey.


When I am reading I am looking at how the author uses interesting words to paint a picture in the reader's head. I learnt that.. It is not ok to steal from your own village.


What do I think about when I read the book?
I think about these stuff:
  • Who is Kaitiaki in the story,
  • What problem/ opportunity in their community did they identify,
  • What was there big idea or goal?,
  • What steps/ actions did they take to achieve there goal?



My next steps are to use figurative language in my reading to hook the person who is reading.

Thank You for Reading or Commenting on my Reading-
By Veititi Alapati.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athletic Learning Story.

Art Learning Story.