Samoan Language Learning Story.

Samoan Language.


Ma’au i lou ofaga, maua’a i lou fa’asinomaga.
Make sure you are in a position, based on your identity.


I am a true Samoan and I am proud. Whenever you go to Samoa there is always a
bright sun and some cloud. And trust me in Samoa we speak and laugh very loud!.


For generation and generations, my family has mainly lived on a beautiful island named Samoa.
My parents liked living in Samoa but now we live in Porirua.


Since I was little I could only speak a little bit of Samoan but now I can speak a whole lot!!.
Sia (my Samoan language teacher), along with my parents has taught me many things about how to
speak Samoan. For example; how to pronounce words and teaching me the main cities in Samoa.


On Mondays, before we start our class we always start with a prayer that we say in Samoan.
It goes like this...
Faatasi mai oe le Atua. O le Amata le aoga. Foa’i mai le poto i o matou mafaufau,
puipui mai, ona o lou suafa, Amene.


It means. Our God, be with us today. Our lesson is about to begin. Give wisdom to our minds,
protect us, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen. At home, I talk Samoan most of the time, even at church. At church, we read the Tusi Paia. It means; The Bible. Whenever I read the Bible I feel like
I’m learning more and more about my language and about Jesus Christ the son of God.


I have been learning masses and masses of information about my culture because
I communicate with others and I listen very carefully and learn from experts.
Every time on Mondays I have been respectful to others as well as Sia.
Throughout our language lessons, I have improved and developed on learning
what words mean so I know what I’m saying.


I am very proud of myself for being Samoan and learning more about my culture.
I have been wanting to visit my family in Samoa. I hope that one day in the future I would get an
opportunity to go back to my home island and see all of my Family and friends there.

My culture is my Identity and Personality. It gives me spiritual,
intellectual and Emotional distinction from others, and I am proud of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athletic Learning Story.

Art Learning Story.