Writing Learning Story.

Writing Learning Story.

“I write to give myself strength”. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of”- A quote by Joss Whedon.

To communicate our identity effectively, as writers we can…
  • Use a hook,
  • Maybe use other ways of making our reader want to read more, like... (ellipses) or only giving a little information at once,
  • Make our readers work something out (in` fer) by:
  • Giving clues and not stating directly,
  • Using anecdotes and examples-storie from our past.
  • Use clever Dialogue,
  • Punctuation,
  • Carefully choose language to create a picture for our reader,
  • Use informal language-everyday language/language we use with our friends,
  • Rhetorical questions.

This is our success criteria to help us write our personal/identity.

I was good at sharing information that people didn’t know about me. In each paragraph I talked about something different and made a little idea seem so big. For example my real name.

While writing my personal profile I learnt how to use show not tell for example instead of writing “I love music because blah blah blah”, I used show not tell by writing-music is a talent and a passion that I love. That’s what I learnt throughout writing my personal profile/identity.

The K.C skills I used were self-managing and relating to others. First of all I was good at self-managing because I chose the right place to sit and the right people to sit with. Relating to others was a K.C skill I used very well because I asked for advice on how I could make it more interesting.

My next steps are to use other ways of making the reader want to read more, like (ellipses), or only giving a little information at once because I haven’t used it before in my learning.

Things that I found hard was to make my story interesting, it was a struggle because I was stuck every time I started a new paragraph and I didn’t know what to talk about so I asked my peers for some ideas.

“The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athletic Learning Story.

Art Learning Story.