Athletic Learning Story.

It’s not about being the best, it’s about improving your personal best and not giving up. Beating my personal best is a goal I have achieved this year, even if I struggle, I never give up.


The first thing we did was rest/play. While we were resting/playing we watched others to see what they did to be good. We also cheered people on and encouraged them to keep on trying. Encouraging was something I did all day. I was a brilliant cheerleader. I enjoyed encouraging my peers so that it would motivate them to achieve their personal best. In a way it made me feel as though I was responsible for a little bit of my peers accomplishments and happiness. Only a little bit.

Then we moved on to discus. I think I tried my best to get silver even though my goal was to get gold but at least I tried. I had to learn how to hold a discus before I threw it and to throw it in the right direction. I think I improved on my real throw because I took the teacher’s advice.


The teacher's advice was to bend our knees more and try to throw straight so you can get a better result and a longer distance. My next steps for discus would be to put more power into my throw by bending my knees more.

Next was sprints. Sprints is not one of my best skills but I tried my best and had fun. I got gold because I was listening to instructions and giving a go. I need to work on keeping my head up so I know what's ahead of me instead of looking down on the ground.

Straight after that we had more running but this time it was relays. In relays I was good at persevering because I never gave up and I kept on trying. I came up with a strategy, it was to jog at the start and in the middle to the end I sprint. I improved by running my own pace and not focusing on what other people were doing.

Then we got into some jumping activities. Our first one we got into was high jump. I’m not a big fan of high jump because I don’t like jumping over stuff and it’s hard, but I still gave it a go. I only made it once because my leg was hurting from sprints. I think I could trying and giving it a go and not just trying out the little bar but setting a new record of how high I can jump over the bar and not how high anyone else can jump.

Our next jumping activity was long jump. Most of us got bronze. In long jump I found out that they measure from where your heel of your shoes lands not where the tip of your foot lands. I need to improve on trying to get a better run up, learning how to time my jump and jumping right at the top of the red mat.

Now for my favourite activity of all vortex. Vortex is my favourite because I really like throwing. I did really well in vortex because of my stance and because I throw it straight and not too high. I think I could work on not wasting all my power in the practice throw and just throw it softly and then when it’s time for the real throw I could try to throw as hard as I can.

Finally our last activity shot put. I think I done really well because it was my first ever try throwing a shot put and it seemed heavy to throw. I think I got a silver for shot put. I think that I could improve on getting people to teach me how to throw a shot put.

Throughout the whole day I have been thinking positive and putting more effort into everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Learning Story.