Reading Learning Story.

Titi’s Reading Learning Story.

“This bittersweet tale had the publishing world buzzing”. Glam Reads 2009’s best books- Best Book to curl up with, Glamour.
What’s the name of your book? Well, my one’s called Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater. I found out that my book is a Fantasy book. I think that fantasy makes you imagine about anything you want. And most importantly, I think that fantasy isn't just for children. Becoming a teenager, rites of passage, facing failure and defeat, coming to terms with betrayal and disappointment - all the stuff of emerging adult life also has to be faced and coped with.

“The real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own thinking”.- By Christopher Morley.

I am working on trying to find out what this book is about. What made me read this book was the praises at the start of the book for example “Shiver is a haunting, breathtaking and original supernatural love story that will have you hooked from the very first page... The quality of the writing makes this a novel that will stand out in the crowd”. This made me want to read this book.

Whenever there is a sentence or word I don’t understand I read it again and again until I understand it. I located information about my book by skim and scanning to find keywords and important ideas. I inferred ideas by working something out from what happens in the text to work out ideas that are not stated in the text.

Here’s a link to my screencasting:

“Books are the plane, the train, and the road. They are the destination and the journey. They are home.”-Anna Quindlen.

By-Titi.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athletic Learning Story.

Art Learning Story.