(2017) Poly Fest Learning Story.

Polyfest Learning Story.

On the  10th of August at Hosanna Church, Corinna School participated in an event known as Polyfest. Polyfest is an NZ wide event that many schools, groups (etc) are involved in. It’s a way for children and adults to communicate a story about their culture through song and dance.

There were about 5 groups that performed at Polyfest. It consisted of Samoa, Tuvalu/Tokelau, Cook Island, Maori and Kapa Haka. On that day I contributed in the Senior Samoan group.

I chose to perform for that group even though the teachers gave us a choice. My culture is Samoan and I’m proud to represent my culture.

My polyfest performance was stressful but fun. I am very proud of myself because my goals for polyfest were to smile, have fun, enjoy and to get the actions perfect and superb.

Performing in the senior Samoan group that I participated in the k.c skills I used were relating to others, managing self and participating and contributing...

  • I followed and paid attention to instructions that were given by the teachers,
  • I showed positive attitude towards my performance and rehearsals,
  • I memorized the actions off by heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athletic Learning Story.

Art Learning Story.