Popular posts from this blog
Maths Learning Story.
Maths may not teach me how to add love or subtract hate but it gives me hopes that every problem has a solution. I might not like maths but I think it’s very worthwhile. Today’s Problem. 3 cm 10 cm 3 cm Alister and Sam are refilling the fridge with milk cartons. They want to save time by transporting the milk boxes in a bigger container so they can carry more at once. I think that this problem asking us or me to find out how many milk cartons can fit in the container or to find out the volume. How many boxes can they fit into the container? How I solved the problem. First I multiplied the centimeters of the milk boxes like this: Milk Carton: 4.5 cm x 3 cm x 10 cm . But I usually explain it like this: L x W x H which means Length x Width x Height. My answer was 135 cm . I didn’t use a calculator to solve this equation, I solved it in a short a...
Fraction Learning Story
Fraction Learning Story In Maths with Miss Gibbs we have being working on our fractions but hard ones. The problem is about Manaia’s Church is having a Mother’s Day service on Sunday. They spent ¾ of an hour practising on Tuesday afternoon, and ⅞ of an hour practising on Wednesday afternoon. How many hours have they practised for so far this week? I was trying my best to find out how many hours have they practised for so far this weekend? First we draw a diagram with ¾ and we colored in 3 boxes because it says on the problem that Manaia’s sister’s spent ¾ of an hour. Then we draw another diagram with ⅞ and colored in 7 boxes because it says that ⅞ of an hour practising on Wednesday afternoon. After that my maths group were tired same as me but I didn’t give up because when you are in a maths group you don’t give up i was really trying my best thinking and thought to worked out the problem but it was time to pick up. Next time don’t give up on your maths group ...
Comments
Post a Comment